Chhotu Ram College of Education is one of the premier institutions of Haryana. Catering to the growing concern of our leaders to impart quality education to the students, it was felt that the objective can only be achieved if we have a sizable class of well trained teachers. Hence B.T. class was started in 1951 and B.Ed. in 1955 under the patronage of Ch. Uday Mann, worthy president of Jat Society and Sh. S.S. Gill, Principal. The institution scaled another height when M.Ed. was introduced in the college. The institution has contributed a lot in spreading higher education in North India. The institution has the pride privilege of having Dr. Rajender Parasad, Hon'ble President of India as the Guest of honor to award degrees to the students in 1958. The college has an attractive building with latest infrastructure and well stocked library.
The college has also been successfully managing IGNOU study Centre since 1987. We know that the goals of higher education are always expanding. The college is committed to the noble task of trying to follow the ever expanding horizon of education.
The Educand: Journal of Humanities and Social Science
Our college has started publishing its own official Journal
"The Educand: Journal of Humanities and Social Science" a biannual interdisciplinary Refereed Journal since July- Dec-2011 with ISSN 2249-9741.
For more details contact: Mrs. Sunita Sharma, Editor-in-chief, E-mail: email@example.com, Mobile No.-09729067055.
Objectives of C.R. College of Education
- To ensure that the youth gets adequate opportunities to identify and develop their skills and potentials.
- To produce intellectual capital in term of research output, transfer of knowledge and technology oriented attitude to land in the field of education.
- To enable prospective teachers to understand the inter-disciplinary nature of educational theory and practice and its incorporation in teacher education.
- To prepare individual for independent learning to develop reference skills, critical thinking, conceptualization and self evaluation of their own progress.
- To enable prospective teacher to realize diverse need of students and give respect to equity.
- To prepare the prospective teachers for self development and advancement in their field.
- To mould individuals into integrated personalities who are competent, spiritually mature, physically strong and socially sensitive.
- To help them build happy and healthy school and community relationship and promote interest in life long learning.
- To develop feeling of love for Indian culture and strengthen a sense of national pride and identity among the prospective teachers.
- To create among them the awareness of environmental protection and need to maintain ecological balance.
- To prepare them for inculcation of values and develop sense of citizenship.
- To enable the prospective teachers to inculcate dignity and morality in work and produce work culture among their students.
- To empower them to prepare fully professionally competent, committed and reflective teachers for secondary and senior secondary school education.
- To enable them to develop the teaching competencies and performance skill for the subjects they have to teach, using appropriate aids including ICT.
- To provide among them the capacity to think, problem solving attitude, capacity to undertake action research and research.